Earned Income Disallowance (EID) Training
The Earned Income Disallowance, sometimes called Earned Income Disregard or EID, is a program that allows tenants who have been out of work to accept a job without having their rent increase right away. It encourages self-sufficiency by rewarding residents who go to work to increase their earnings.
This self-paced training focuses on the eligibility criteria and benefits of EID and provides instructions, guidance, and scenarios to property managers, tenants, case managers, and employment specialists who will be receiving the benefit, administering the benefit, or advising benefit recipients.
- Earned Income Disallowance Training (Slides only)
- Earned Income Disallowance Training (Slides with trainer notes)
EID Training Attachments
- Eligibility Questionnaire
- Income Exclusions
- Documentation Checklist
- Defining Disability Handout
- EID Overview
- Tenant Insert (A supplement to the EID Overview that provides information specifically for tenants)
- Tenant Letters
- For People Living in Public Housing
- For People with Disabilities