Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program
On February 17, 2009, President Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which included $1.5 billion for a Homelessness Prevention Fund. Funding for this program, called the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP), was distributed based on the formula used for the Emergency Shelter Grants Program.
Switch among the tabs to view other HPRP-related information.
HPRP ended nationwide on September 30, 2012.
HPRP Program Closeout
This page contains information related to HPRP final reporting and program closeout. HPRP ended nationwide on September 30, 2012.
Data Collection and Reporting
Note: For general guidance on reporting select the "Data Collection & Reporting" tab above.
HUD issues closeout and reporting announcements via the OneCPD HPRP Mailing List. To sign up, visit the Listserv page and be sure to select "HPRP" from the list of programs.
- 12/10/2012 HPRP Reporting Updates & HPRP Virtual Help Desk Closing
- 11/15/2012 HPRP Reporting and Closeout Reminders
- 10/01/2012 HPRP Quarterly Reporting Deadlines and Instructions
- 09/07/2012 HPRP Q13 QPR Now Open in e-snaps
- 08/31/2012 HPRP Closeout Update: Clarification on Closeout Process and Post-Expiration Draws
- 07/23/2012 HPRP Expense Reminder
- 07/06/2012 HPRP Closeout Notice Released
- 03/05/2012 HPRP 3-Year Expenditure Requirement